Choosing Not to Speak

An effort to talk less and do more by Quaison David Carter

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
7/07/2009

Marathon

Posted by Revolving magnum condom filler



(this was an excersise where I had to formulate my theme and write for 60 seconds and whatever came out, came out. Nothing was edited- i may fix it later. I think i did well for just throwing words on a page for 60 seconds)

I ran for miles into the darkness of my future last night
Breathed deeply as internal walls exhaled doubt into my resolve
Kept time with alternating footsteps
That sounded like banging on a familiar door

Only the pavement could feel the pain of broken dreams
and missed opportunity
like an army commander bringing a folded flag to the door of a soldiers father
18 years too late to give him a hug
How much longer can I run?

My dreams are only the only thing that can keep pace
But when the mind dreams
the body sleeps
and dreams aren’t real if they come true
so how do I think, and be
or do, and see
All that I set out to do before I reach my dream?

I can’t focus on the end when my internal clock keeps track
The ticks and tocks
that can make a man go coo coo,
Puffs my ego as a self defense mechanism
From what I fear the most.

What if I am running for no reason?
Out running my piers time and time again
Only to remember that this track is circular
And circles don’t end.
Time doesn’t end

So what should I run towards?
On the other side of that finish line the race starts again
Only to be run by others as hungry as I was before
10 minutes before I tasted my breakfast of champions

I run now just to run
never paying attention to those beside me
Never worrying about the darkness in front of me.
Even in my sleep my legs move to my dreams
Knowing that in time I will reach the finish line
Only to start the race over again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment