Choosing Not to Speak

An effort to talk less and do more by Quaison David Carter

Subscribe
Add to Technorati Favourites
Add to del.icio.us
4/28/2009

Brenda Got a Baby

Posted by Revolving magnum condom filler




Why are there so many young unmarried mothers with toddlers running the streets nowadays? when I say young, I don't mean 24 or 25, I am talking about the 15 through 18 year old -still growing pubic hair in some cases- girls. I mean, I thought abortion was put there for these reasons. I know some people are against abortions, and for those who are against using an oreck xl to clean up human organisms, God created birth control and RU 486 (morning after pill).


Cruel and grotesque I know, but I just can't see the reason for there to be children with unfit mothers that can barely take care of themselves, and fathers that only care about the next female they are gonna get pregnant, because they have a limitless well of "fun juice."

I know what some of you are gonna say, "abortion is against the Christian/Muslim/or whatever laws." Well so is having sex out of wed lock. Being Christian can not be a good enough reason for keeping a child, especially if you're still getting money for lunch every morning from your mother.

Wait.... I should take a step back; what I am really trying to get at is not the fact that there are so many young girl with kids out there. It is the fact that the government really acts as if pro life/pro choice is a difficult debate. Children that are born out of wedlock to teen mothers, need not be concerned about a future, if they come from a rich family and have the financial means to support their education and surroundings. however, most of these children are being born in urban area, poverty stricken cities where teen birth cannot be prevented because:

1. abortion is not available

2. abortion is too expensive

3. use proper prophylactics are not taught

These girls are not ready too raise children and in most cases, they want too. These children usually end up being disruptive to society, because they didn't receive the proper nurturing when they were younger, primarily because their mothers and fathers (if around) were still nurturing themselves.

I do not wish to start a heated debate about this subject, I do understand the other side of the story, I'm just speaking from the unemotional aspect of things. A societal view, if you will. I myself was born from a young mother (she was 20), but unlike most mothers that I am seeing now, my mother was completely focused on raising me.

Some may say we shouldn't let these girls off the hook and allow them to get rid of responsibility so quickly, but i respond by saying, " just because your giving them responsibility does not mean they will actually BE RESPONSIBLE."

0 comments:

Post a Comment